Summer is here! But before you know it, summer will be over. Most of us have great intentions about what we want to do and who we want to be. Join Pastor Tim as he challenges us to be intentional in every area of our life this summer.
Sermons in this Series
Summer Resource List
Wherever life take you this summer, make sure that it’s the summer you intended. Find the resources below to be intentional in a variety of areas of life.
Tools to help read and memorize the Bible:
- Good and Angry by Scott Turansky – A great book on dealing with your own anger and your kids whining.
- Tough Guys and Drama Queens by Mark Gregston – Parenting through the teen years.
- Spiritual parenting by Michelle Anthony – Moving away from parenting for behaviour and learning to be spiritually intentional
- Intentional Parenting Workbook by Doug and Cathy Fields – A combination of book and study guide. Helps you create a plan for intentional parenting. Also available as a video study on RightNowMedia.org
- Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family by Kara Powell – Being intentional about your faith in your home.
- Experiencing God at Home by Tom and Richard Blackaby – amazing read about how to experience God with your children in your home
- Win+Win Parenting by Seth Dahl – a practical guide to parenting
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Reggie Joiner & Carey Neuhowf
- Worlds Apart by Chuck Bomar – what’s really going on with 18- 25 year olds?
- Are My Kids on Track? 12 Emotional, Social, and Spiritual Milestones Your Child Needs to Reach by Sissy Goff – Milestones around emotional, social and spiritual goals.
Books to read with your kids:
- The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings Us Back to the Garden by Don Clark
- The One O’clock Miracle by Alison Mitchell
- The Garden the Curtain and the Cross by Carl Laferton
- God’s very Good Idea by Trillia Newbell
- Friends with God Story Bible – Small stories told from a first hand narrative of the characters with questions and prayers.
- Driven by Eternity: Making your Life Count Today and Forever by John Bevere
- Weird: Because Normal Isn’t Working by Craig Groeschel
- Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine by Max Lucado
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron
- Do Yourself a Favour…Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness by Joyce Meyer
- Grace and Forgiveness by John and Carol Arnott
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: Unleash a Revolution in Your Life in Christ by Peter Scazzero
- You are Free: Be Who You Already Are by Rebekah Lyons – a study guide and video are also available
- Renovation of the Heart: Putting on the Character of Christ by Dallas Willard
- Spirit Rising: Tapping Into the Power of the Holy Spirit by Jim Cymbala
- The Essential Guide to the Power of the Holy Spirit: God’s Miraculous Gifts at Work Today by Randy Clark
- God Secrets: A Life Filled with Words of Knowledge by Shawn Bolz – a workbook is also available
- Contagious Disciple Making: Leading Others of a Journey of Discovery by David Watson and Paul Watson
- The Tangible Kingdom: Creating Incarnational Community by Hugh Halters and Matt Smay
- Take the Date Night Challenge: 52 Creative Ideas to Make Your Marriage Fun by Dr. Greg and Erin Smalley